photoTAN for corporate clients
Make your online banking even easier now – with our new authorisation procedure photoTAN. With the photoTAN procedure you can authorise payment orders in Global Payment Plus as well as many other transactions, such as securities transactions and fixed deposit investments, conveniently, securely and worldwide.
The basis of the photoTAN procedure is a coloured bar code, which you can scan with the practical photoTAN reader or via the photoTAN app with your smartphone. The so-called two factor authorisation procedure ensures the best possible security. Initially, a transaction number (TAN) is generated by the reader from the bar code. In the second step, you input this TAN to, for example, release a payment transaction order.
In December 2016, the photoTAN was given the first place in the category Mobile Treasury Solution by specialist magazine TMI.
- Just the one – a standard authorisation procedure for payment transactions in Global Payment Plus and for other transactions in the Corporate Banking portal
- Payment orders from Global Payment Plus can also be authorised worldwide using your smartphone
- Practical photoTAN reader for scanning
- photoTAN app for smartphones in the App Store or Play Store available free of charge
- Security through the two factor authorisation procedure
As soon as you receive the activation letter with your personal activation graphic, you can also activate your reader or smartphone app and use the photoTAN procedure immediately.
- Please go to www.corporates.commerzbank.com and log in with participant number/register name and PIN (if you have made a new registration to the Corporate Banking portal these will have been sent to you separately). Then go to the heading “Administration”.
- Click on the heading “Administration” and select “photoTAN”. To set it up select the field “Activate”.
- Start your reader or the photoTAN app and scan the activation graphic from your letter. Once you have successfully scanned it, you will get a confirmation on your reader or smartphone. Now press “Continue”.
- Now scan the photoTAN graphic shown on your computer screen with your reader or smartphone.
- Your first photoTAN will appear on the reader or smartphone. Now input this photoTAN in your Corporate Banking portal in the TAN input field at the lower end of the activation screen and then confirm with “Continue”.
- Confirm in the reader or photoTAN app that you have input the photoTAN in the Corporate Banking portal. The activation is now complete and you will be able to carry out your banking transactions with the new photoTAN procedure.
We have summarised the most important functions of your photoTAN reader for you here.
Button A: Press the button for at least 2 seconds to switch the device on or off – depending on the operating condition. Regardless of this, the device will turn itself off automatically after a certain period of time.
Button B and C: Depending on what you have just done with the device, these buttons will trigger different actions. Each action here will be shown above the button on the device’s screen.
There is a camera on the back of the device, which scans the photoTAN graphic. You will see the picture taken by the camera on the device’s screen.
TAN read mode
After successful activation, the reader will automatically go directly into TAN read mode every time it is switched on. Here, the inbuilt camera will attempt to read a photoTAN graphic in order to generate the corresponding order data and a TAN. You will see the camera picture on the device’s screen.
As you did during activation, point the reader at a photoTAN graphic until it is completely shown within the marking on the screen. It’s best to hold the reader 10–20 centimetres away from this graphic. Try to hold the reader parallel to the graphic you're reading in.
As soon as the reader recognises the graphic, the TAN required for the release will be shown on the device’s display.
For more detailed information, download the complete operating instructions as a PDF.